Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Welcome Hydra Publications Author... Lyndi Alexander!


    BIO:
    Lyndi Alexander dreamed for many years of being a spaceship captain, but settled instead for inspired excursions into fictional places with fascinating companions from her imagination that she likes to share with others. She has been a published writer for over thirty years, including seven years as a reporter and editor at a newspaper in Homestead, Florida. Her list of publications is eclectic, from science fiction to romance to horror, from tech reporting to television reviews. Lyndi is married to an absent-minded computer geek. Together, they have a dozen computers, seven children and a full house in northwestern Pennsylvania.

EXCERPT:

          I peered out the windshield at the take-out bags of food Rick had left there. No sense in wasting it. Maybe I could persuade Dedra to take some home to her little bit of chaos. She was looking almost scrawny these days. That’s it, a good deed. I waited until my hands were steady, then climbed back out of the car to retrieve the brown paper bags.
            I’d just stashed them in my back seat when I heard a car pull up behind mine and saw the flash of red lights. Frowning, I straightened and eyed the police patrol car, its bubble gum machine in full radiance. I glanced at the sidewalk next to the car and saw no indication I’d parked in an illegal zone. I clearly wasn’t under the influence of anything, except perhaps a nice bit of feta cheese. So what was this about?
            I started back toward the vehicle, aware of faces popping into the windows of the buildings around, including the Greek restaurant, all gawking at the flashing lights. What kind of a criminal was on the street? they wondered. At first I couldn’t see through the shaded windshield, but the door opened  and Brendon Zale emerged, cocky grin on his face. As I approached him, he leaned on his open car door and looked down at me.
            “Do you have business in this neighborhood?” he asked. His tone was much too casual to be a serious inquiry. He was nearly teasing.
            “It’s a free country, last time I looked,” I retorted. “I was just leaving.” I stopped, then took a step back toward my car, since he hadn’t accused me of anything.
            “Wait a minute, now, don’t be that way!” He stepped away from the car and closed the      door, then leaned in the window to douse the red lights. The street went blissfully dark again, and the faces retreated.
            “Then don’t come on like a Nazi patrol.” Embarrassed, my voice reflected the sting to my pride.
            “Seriously,what are you doing down here? You live over on Thorn Road. You work on      First  Street.” He studied my face, his steely gaze looking for clues.
            A little chill ran up my spine at the thought that Brendon knew where I lived. “Just having dinner.” I gestured to the bags in my back seat.
            “Alone?” He shone his long black flashlight inside the car, taking in not only the bags but      the front seat as well.
            This was getting ridiculous. “What do you care, really?”
            “I hate to see a pretty girl spending her weekend nights by herself.” His expression relaxed into a wide smile.
            Idiot.“Right. Well, thanks for your concern.” I took another step toward my car door, genuinely ready to head home.
            He stepped between me and the door. “You need to be careful. Women shouldn’t be out      wandering alone after dark. After what happened to Lily Kimball…” He trailed  off, his voice thick with meaning.
            “What was that, exactly? What happened to her?” As my hackles rose, I went into defensive reporter mode, especially since I hadn't been able to get a straight answer from one cop yet on that case.
                “She ended up dead on the side of the road!”

Buy link: http://www.amazon.com/Love-Me-Kiss-Kill-ebook/dp/B008WCZIZK/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1347150179&sr=1-1&keywords=lyndi+alexander

3 comments:

  1. Honestly. Who didn't dream of being a spaceship captain?

    ReplyDelete
  2. *snoopy dance* Best job in the world...except maybe second mate to Malcolm Reynolds..... :)

    ReplyDelete